August 30, 2012
Error in Lifestyle Magazine
Dear Germaine Lim,
I would like to point out some errors regarding part of your article on Xiaxue where I was mentioned, in Lifestyle Magazine.
1. She was not in the “Hottest Blogger” poll. I was. To recap, topping it marked the start of my blogging career and readership began to grow very rapidly.
2. She was however, so upset about these postcards published by The Straits Times that she purposely threw them away.
Talk about ego trippin >.< Btw in case you’re wondering, I had no involvement whatsoever in the design and tagline of the postcards, except only giving them my quote about learning Mandarin.
I ignored this and did not make any mention of her or the incident.
3. Certain media coverage, my growing sponsorships, public opinions made her not too happy apparently…
By her own admission on her blog, she said she was pissed off by netizen comments such as:
“Oh Xiaxue! Dawn is class belle leh. You ugly prefect!”
“Look at Dawn! People got given an LG phone/whatever product leh! You leh?”
Okay those are really silly statements and it’s really silly to take them to heart.
4. “I’m sick of people comparing me to Dawn Yang.” She blew up with a defamatory blog post.
5. In the article it’s stated in 2006 “The two post nasty remarks about each other.” CORRECTION – At the time all the way from 2006 till the lawsuit, in 2008, I did not write anything negative on her, I kept quiet throughtout. It was one-sided. Any nasty comments only came from her. Even after the lawsuit I tried to remain as civil as possible and refrained from talking about her.
I did not even mention this then:
The point of this is I am tired of people always portraying the situation as one where both parties had their claws out for a virtual catfight – for the record I DID NOT SEEK A FIGHT. I was DRAGGED into it unwillingly, and unfortunately by circumstances. I hated being involved in something so ridiculous.
Great article, but please get your facts right Miss Lim. Thank you!