February 25, 2013
Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Fashion
The biggest event in Hollywood, did you catch it this year? I thought many of the nominees were very strong, I honestly had a hard time deciding who I’d pick to win for each category. A little disappointing though, that “Beasts of the Southern Wild” went home empty-handed. This seriously underrated film unfortunately seems to be overshadowed by the blockbusters… it is truly original, a wonderfully imaginative work of ingenuity and incredibly moving.
Not quite as typical as the other Best Picture films. Please go watch it if you haven’t already.
In any case, the Oscars undoubtedly gives me a good fill of my two loves – movies and fashion. The stunning looks on the red carpet are part of what makes the awards show so enticing.
Here are my winners of the night
1. Norah Jones in Tadashi Shoji 2. Naomi Watts in Armani 3. Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan
4. Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward 5. Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab 6. Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward
Clearly a hot trend of black with silver trimmings, shimmery gunmetals… all spell cool sophistication.
7. Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta 8. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior 9. Amanda Seyfried in Alexander Mcqueen
10. Charlize Theron in Dior 11. Jessica Chastain in Armani 12. Olivia Munn in Marchesa
Feminine, old school hollywood gowns with and gorgeous long trains…. classic and beautiful.
Beside the awards ceremony, the stars also come out in full force to rock the myriad of other Oscar parties that night. The tone is a bit more playful and I spotted many interesting looks.
1. Elizabeth Banks in Alexander McQueen 2. Paz Vega in Stephane Rolland 3. Karolina Kurkova in Atelier Versace 4. Emma Roberts in Oscar de la Renta
Do you concur with my winners? Which ones are your favorites?